Sunday, August 30, 2009

back to work

So first week back at work. It was a tough week but we made it through and only 1 more week of training. Life seemed pretty chaotic for both me and D. We planned out a transition for him into daycare but I just don't think it went that well. My mom came down to help and watched him some of the time. I'm not sure if there were just too many different caretakers or he just was out of sorts since I wasn't with him. Who knows.

He spent the first day with Daddy. Then all day Tuesday and Wednesday with Grandma, Thursday was part time with Grandma and with L, the daycare provider and all day Friday with L.

Needless to say, since I wasn't around him much this week I don't really know much about his development either. What I am happy to report is that he did just fine with taking a bottle. Seems like he probably ate more frequently but smaller amounts. I still fed him in the morning before I left for work and before his bedtime. His bedtime routine stayed pretty consistent, although there were a couple nights he didn't go to bed until after 10. I also got him up earlier than he's used to at 6:15 so that I could have enough time to feed him before leaving.

Thankfully he continued to sleep through the night this week so that's good! Naps were another story though. I think the first couple days I was gone he didn't really nap much at all. Poor little guy looked just exhausted when I got home. He apparently did get a couple good naps in with L on Friday and he looked much less tired by the end of the week.

I did notice that he has become a pro at grabbing both feet at the same time. He's laughing out loud a little more and still tons of smiles! He loves to stand and is getting pretty good at hanging out in his exersaucer where he practices standing and grabbing toys.

As for the work thing. I am a little irritated about this 2 week training. It's hard that there is a different schedule for D for just 2 weeks then it changes again. Oh well! Randy took vacation and is staying home with him this second week which I am so happy about. I think it will be easier for both D and myself. The training is going okay. It is kind of nice to be back working in the field I enjoy and having some adult conversation during the day. It is a struggle to balance both work I enjoy and family but I guess this is just a transition period and hopefully it will work itself out sooner rather than later! I was just exhausted this week. Up at 5:45 to leave by 7:30 and I didn't get home until 6:30. That is a long ass time to be away! When I got home D looked bigger and I just felt disjointed. I was used to being around him all day and just knowing what he needs. Now I am relying on others to tell me what he's been doing and trying to anticipate his needs that way is challenging. Thankfully so far the commute has been as good as I can expect it to be and I hope it continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment